December 6, 2020
- We're aliiiive! Migrated to Mongo Atlas. This won't affect anyone, but also means our DB won't go down with MLab, so that's great :) Maybe more excitement in the future?
October 22, 2018
- Slightly tweak card design.
- Added a buy me a coffee link to footer (because coffee doesn't buy itself).
October 8, 2018
- Tweaked design for cleaner cards, replaced beige background with a muted gray background.
- Switched to white/gray card theme instead of shades of brown.
August 19, 2018
- Added additional checks for new definitions to prevent XSS attacks.
May 26, 2018
- Added a Privacy & ToS page detailing which data Hackterms stores. Added Terms of Service.
- Added the ability to delete your account and all the associated data
May 19, 2018
- Refactored the regex search to be able to more accurately search terms
- Tweaked color contrast on the front page for better visibility
- Replaced the search bar dropdown with term links that show up in the main section
April 9, 2018
- Added "created on" date to definition card header
April 5, 2018
- Minor design tweaks: updated category bar colors, removed borders around definition actions, increased definition spacing for readibility
April 3, 2018
- Set max screen width to 980px in order to make it easier to read
April 1, 2018
Cluckterms, the fancy book of farm words as the first April Fool's gag
- Search is now more flexible - for example
backend lead to the same term
March 27, 2018
- Added further clarification about what constitutes a "coding term" in the FAQ
- Any non-definition page (changelog, faq, rules) is now listed under
- Added an "add definition"
+ button to the search bar
March 18, 2018
- Redesigned search bar and header
March 17, 2018
- Implemented cross-linking - terms on the site now link to their definitions when they show up in other definitions
March 14, 2018
- Happy Pi day! Please have some pie :)
- Signup flow now checks for duplicate emails. Previously, you could sign up with two usernames using one email. This is no longer the case - one email, one username per user
- Added a Formatting reference to the Add Definition modal
March 13, 2018
- Top searched and most requested term headings are now tabs
March 12, 2018
- Contributors now receive notifications when new comments are left on their definitions
March 11, 2018
- Searches with +, *, (), , and other non-alphanumeric characters are now displaying correctly
- Line breaks are now preseved (and show up in past definitions!); multiple line breaks are collapsed to one line break
- Markdown support is now enabled for *bold*, _italics_, and
March 8, 2018
- Added a "request a definition" button. Switched from logging every incoming search as a request to a more delibirate user action - requesting a definition for a term (only available to logged in users)
March 7, 2018
- Added this changelog
- Updated footer style
- Added press page